09 September 2012

Mistresses on ABC

Sometime in between TV development, I thought this show got the bump and won't be pushing through. But as it turns out, it's all systems go. Mistresses will begin airing in the summer of 2013, which is still a long way. But I thought you might wanna check out the trailer.

I think this would've been Sex and The City, if all four girls were kept women. Heh.

Not a fan of the writing, based on this short clip. The women in this show look...plastic-ky. Ick.

But the premise is intriguing, I guess, regardless of how many times a mistress' story has been told over and over and over. The local scene, for example, is even going to have one movie showing this week called Mistress with Hilda Koronel. Last year, there was that other woman movie with Anne Curtis. Like vampires, wizards and superheroes, the public's obsession for mistresses will never die. I am hoping, however, that this series gives TV viewers something fresh. But I highly doubt that's happening.

Mistresses is an adaptation of the UK series with the same title. The US version stars Alyssa Milano, Yunjin Kim, Rochelle Aytes and Jes Macallan.

Trailer below: