13 May 2012

Summer TV 2012: New Shows To Watch

With show finales almost done, I'm sitting here with no new show to watch.

I should really be watching old episodes of, maybe, Top Chef, or the final season of One Tree Hill. Or finally get down to checking this British series, Misfits before the US version airs.

But I'm actually choosing to watch Friends on DVD because I think I need to reboot or something.

Summer TV is a couple of weeks away and I need to set the pace for that. Old favorites will be back, and there are some new summer shows I'd want to follow, too.

Listed below are these new programs, both on network TV and cable TV:

Common Law
May 11
Stars: Michael Ealy and Warren Kole
Details here.

Men At Work
May 24
Stars: Danny Masterson, Michael Cassidy
Details here.

Duets
May 24
Judge: Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, Robin Thicke, Jennifer Nettes
Details here.

Dogs in The City
May 30 
Details here.

Breaking Pointe
June 4
Details here.

Saving Hope
June 7
Stars: Erica Durance
Details here.

Bunheads
June 11
Stars: Sutton Foster
Details here.

Dallas (2012)
June 13
Stars: Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray, Jesse Metcalfe, Josh Henderson
Details here.

The Glass House
June 18
Details here.

Baby Daddy
June 20
Stars: Jean-Luc Bilodeau
Details here.

The Newsroom
June 24
Stars: Jeff Daniels, Emily Mortimer, John Gallagher, Jr., Alison Pill, Thomas Sadoski, Dev Patel, Olivia Munn
Details here.

Anger Management
June 28
Stars: Charlie Sheen
Details here.

Perception
July 9
Stars: Eric McCormack
Details here.

Major Crimes
August 13
Stars: Mary McDonnell
Details here.

Of these shows, The Newsroom is what I'm really so psyched to watch because I'm such an Aaron Sorkin fan and the teasers I've already seen have been nothing but outstanding.

I was already able to catch the pilot of Common Law and it's not worth a follow through. I'm not on board that show.

I love singing contests and Duets is definitely going to be on my Summer TV list.

And Charlie Sheen's Anger Management has been generating so much buzz even before they got to film this. I'm curious about it.

I'm checking out Dallas, because....it's Dallas! It's an institution.

Which ones do you plan on watching?