01 September 2009

Paula Abdul on Drop Dead Diva. This post is not really about her.

Did not really want my first post back to be about Paula Abdul but this isn't actually about her at all. I just have something to say about the show, Drop Dead Diva, and here it is --- the lady who plays the lead ANNNNNOOOOYYYYS the hell out of me! The way she walks or flips her hand...CAPTAIN, MAJOR, GENERAL ANNOYING!

God bless Brooke Elliot. Because by all accounts, she is a good actress. She's playing some sort of an Elle Woods character.... in Plus Size! So, I think she meant to play her that way. With the way I'm reacting, it's probably working then! But I don't know if that is good or bad. I've stopped watching the show after six episodes. I still want to. But I just can't stand Jane's habits for now. I wonder how many people feel the same way I did and stopped watching altogether, too?

Brooke Elliot plays Jane, who is actually Deb, an aspiring model trapped inside Jane's body. See how that works out now?

Anyway, where were we? Ah, Paula Abdul. Here's the news clip about her guest stint on Diva from THR.

Paul Abdul is back in the judge's seat -- but not on the "American Idol" stage.

Abdul cameos in Lifetime's "Drop Dead Diva" as a gavel-banging, glammed-up version of herself in a dream sequence set in a courtroom. In the over-the-top scene, the former "Idol" judge dispenses oh-so-fabulous justice in a vocal and fashion critique to Jane (played by Brooke Elliott), a plus-size lawyer possessed by a skinny model.

At one point in her scene from the Sept. 20 episode, "Judge Paula" rises from the bench to reveal her "belted and bedazzled" ensemble -- a chunky belt and glittery skirt below a flowing top crafted from a black judge robe. Abdul appears in Jane's dream to motive her to sue a clothing retailer that only sells small dresses.