21 November 2008

Canceled: Pushing Daisies, Eli Stone, Dirty Sexy Money

This news doesn't hit me like Friends going off air hit me. But still, I'm mourning for three shows today.

The fact hit me just now.

Seriously --- my eyes, in tears.

How ugly is this season?! Bleeeeeeeech. :P

ABC has canceled Pushing Daisies, executive producer Bryan Fuller confirms to me exclusively.

According to our inside sources, Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money have also been canceled. Reps for both shows have declined to comment.

Is the pie-maker dead? Will we ever see him again? Read on for the exclusive inside dish straight from the top...

Bryan Fuller tells me, "[ABC president] Steve McPherson called me, and said 'We gave it the best shot we could.' "

According to Fuller, the facts are these: "It's very likely that Pushing Daisies will end after episode 13, which as you know, is a cliffhanger. But we are talking to DC Comics about doing comic books that will wrap up our storylines, and I already have a pitch for a movie ready to go.

"To be honest, I'm really not feeling very boo hoo about it. I am so proud of the show. We put together 22 really good episodes, and there is a lot to be proud of. I'm sure I'll be working with a lot of these people again, and I would love to do so." - WWK