11 May 2008

Ten TV Mom Characters To Love - TV Season 2007-2008


Nora Walker
Brothers and Sisters
- She's always there. Even when her kids don't want her to be. And she's always right. That's why her kids are glad she's always there.
  • “What you don’t remember is when you had the chicken pox, Sarah had the chicken pox, and Tommy had the chicken pox, and Kevin had the chicken pox, and I had a very bad cold, your dad was out of town on business. Sweetheart, I’m saying this to you with as much love as I possibly can: Sometimes motherhood means sucking it up. Kitty, go suck it up.”
Sarah Walker
Brothers and Sisters
- The company president who's recently been divorced. She's a superwoman.
  • "I’m a good mother. I know that. I may not be able to drop them off at school every day, but I am their mother, every day. You can’t punish me for trying to parent and work. I want my kids to know the joy that I get from my work, but it’s nothing compared to the joy that I get from being their mother, every day. And they know that. Please.”
Holly Harper
Brothers and Sister
- Well sure she is the other woman, but does that make her less of a mother?
  • “Nora had a husband and a family and money. I scraped together everything for us. I took care of you every single day of your life. Do you know I wasn’t much older than you when I got pregnant? Can you imagine that? Being here by yourself and trying to support a child? But I did it. And if I had to give up some of my dreams, so be it. Because from then on, I put you first." | Video
Hilda Suarez
Ugly Betty
- Young single mother to a gay teenager? Not easy! Hilda makes it look easy and treats her son like her best gal pal.

Tami Taylor
Friday Night Lights
- The coolest mom on TV today --- supportive, understanding, often acts as a surrogate mom to a high school body (she works as a guidance counselor). And she looks really hot, too. My Best Mom Moment of her, when her 15 year old daughter decides she will be having sex:



Sarah Connor
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
- How do you prepare and protect your son for his destiny as the future savior of the world? There is much pressure in being Sarah Connor. But for her son, she is willing to sacrifice everything, even her life.

Marjorie Bouvier Simpson
The Simpsons
- Forgiving, accepting, encouraging, patient and tolerant to a degree.

Regina Newly
Samantha Who?
- A mom who sometimes needs to be disciplined herself but she's the kind of mom you'd want to have if you want someone to defend you or your honor.

Nikki Sanders
Heroes
- It's hard to keep it together when you have your own issues to deal with. But Nikki Sanders, the superhuman schizophrenic, really tries her best to put her son, Micah, ahead of her needs.
  • Micah Sanders: I'm just working on my computer. The logic board was bad. So I had to build a new one.
  • Niki Sanders: A new one. Did anyone ever tell you you're the smartest little man on the planet?
  • Micah Sanders: You do. All the time.
Kate Austen
Lost
-
Adoptive mom to Claire's Aaron. She's only beginning to show her mother's instinct but you can already see how much she's willing to protect the toddler like her own child. Kate in the future, off the island, a recap.