10 November 2007

CSI | WAT Cross-over: No Pissing Contest

I forgot how graphic CSI can be. The last time I saw a season in full? Twas when Grissom learned he was going deaf..and that was what, Season 3? It's on its 8th season now, and I just watch bits and pieces of it on cable, like Tarantino directing an episode, or when I know an actor I like who's guesting in it, or this --- the cross-over. I follow episodes of Without A Trace (WAT) on cable, too and that's a hit and miss thing. So I am not quite updated on this series, as well.

How did the episode fare? Not knowing what has been going on between characters for the last few years on both series wasn't a problem. I was there for the story, although I'm now wondering what has happened to Sara...

I found the mood on CSI darker, as always... so I'm partial to how the story played out in WAT. But, as always, I still think Grissom is the better detective.

The 2 hour episodes weren't golden. They were not the best, as far as story-telling is concerned. In fairness, these two crime dramas produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, have always been top-notched. The plan to do the cross-overs was a genius idea. And the ratings are there to prove it.



,