12 May 2007

Slow week for me, plenty of news for everybody

Previously on Too Much TV....

I've had a slow week. My torrents are piling up! I only got to watch one show from my regulars and it was this one:


Haaay... so cute, that smile.
One show from my torrents is worth it after all! Haha!

After work today, I will have to glue myself by the TV set! Like most addicts, I'm experiencing withdrawals and I have to get my fix, fast. I have to, have to, have to watch them all today!

*****

Most TV series are closing their season run by now and as that happens, news of upcoming TV shows are surfacing and new schedules for the next season are being jumbled up.

I'm going crazy tracking it. It's like me, as a kid, in the candy store. Again and again.

One of the TV shows that I'm keenly interested in is this one: Pushing Daisies. What is it? Well, from the 10 new TV Shows ABC has lined up in their roster for 2007-2008, this one has the most buzz around it (aside from Grey's Addison's Private Practice, of course).

DESCRIPTION @ futoncritic:

It is a love story about a young man with a very special gift...the ability to return someone dead briefly back to life with just a simple touch. Ned, a mild-mannered baker of fabulous pies, discovered his gift as a child. Now he puts his gift to good use, working with his only friend, a private investigator, to crack murder cases by asking victims to name their killers. But the tale gets complicated, as all tales do, when he saves his childhood sweetheart and she miraculously stays alive. Each week, she encourages him to use his powers to solve mysteries and help others. Life would be perfect, except for one cruel twist: if Ned ever touches her again, she'll lose the life he gave her, for good this time.
Bryan Fuller is one of the people behind this. He is also one of the people behind Heroes.

*****

- Friday Night Lights has just been renewed. Alright!
- October Road is getting a good slot for next season, after having had its 6-episode run last month.
- So is Notes from the Underbelly, a story about the joys of pregnancy, something which I've passed on but now I'm thinking I should check it out...it got picked up, so there must be something promising in that show, right?
- There were rumors of How I Met Your Mother not pushing through with Season 3. But now that news may actually be mistaken. Because it seems all points lead to The Class ending. Yup, school might be closed for good, reunion over.
- Scrubs gets renewed for one last season. The last two weeks, it almost didn't happen.
- Traveler just started the other day. It's a sneak premiere, whatever that is, and it will again be shown on May 30th and will run for 6 episodes thereafter. If it gets good ratings, it will be picked up for 2007-2008. *keeping fingers crossed*

And now, I have to go prepare for work. :(