21 January 2007

Guy Love

This was going around the internet even before the episode aired, and I hope it was enough to drum up viewer interest.

In the tradition of Grease, Rent, Buffy the Musical (just about the only Buffy episode I saw!) and I think there's even a hint of Les Miserables in some of the other scenes, here is a viewer favorite from Scrubs, The Musical:


video clip from NBC

Let's face the facts about me and you
A love unspecified
Though I'm proud to call you Chocolate Bear
The crowd will always talk and stare

I feel exactly those feelings too
And that's why I keep them inside
Cause this Bear can't bear the world's disdain
And sometimes it's easier to hide

Then explain our...
Guy love, that's all it is
Guy love, his mine I'm his
There's nothing gay about it in our eyes
You asked me about this thing we share
And he tenderly replies.....
It's guy love, between two guys

We're closer than the average man and wife
That's why our matching bracelets say Turk and JD
You know I'll stick by you for the rest of my life
You're the only man who has ever been inside of me
(Whoa! Whoa! I just took out his appendix)

There's no need to clarify (Oh no?)
Just let it grow more and more each day
It's like I married my best friend
But in a totally manly way

Let's go!
It's guy love don't compromise
The feelings of some other guy
Holding up your heart into the sky
I'll be there to care through all the loads
I'll be there to share the highs
It's guy love between two guys

And when I say I love you Turk
It's not what it implies
It's guy love between two guys.

This is becoming my favorite song really fast. LOL! I love this show!

Bonus YouTube find --- Scrubs cast dubbing a Charlie Brown cartoon. Haha! The characters are exactly matched (well, almost LOL!)



Scrubs
Season 6 Episode 6 - My Musical
Original Airing: Jan 18, 2007
Network: NBC