17 January 2013

Daily TV News: Baldacci series a go, The Following Review, Jessica Simpson sitcom and more!

The David Baldacci series starring Jon Tenney and Rebecca Romijn has been given a 10-episode order on TNT | via TV Guide. I am so excited for this mainly because of Jon Tenney!

This British actor isn't a fan of Downton Abbey: via Washington Post.
“Downton,” he (Jeremy Irons) said, warming to his theme, is like the Ford Fiesta of drama. “A Ford Fiesta will get you there and give you a good time. But an Aston Martin. . .” he said, though he did not get to finish his thought as the crowd erupted in laughter.
"Twin Towers missing from NYC skyline in CW's retro 'Carrie Diaries'" | via Fox News. The show is set during the 80's. Kids of my generation know the music and fashion on this show all too well. I read a review that says, watching this show makes someone feel young and old at the same time. Young because Carrie Diaries is a high school drama; and old because for someone who grow up in the 80's, this really is nostalgic. Anyway, in reply to the Twin Towers issue (this is an issue??) "'Carrie Diaries' producer defends leaving twin towers out of show" | via LA Times.

‘Mr Selfridge’ Is Not ‘Downton’ But They’ll Take Its Success, says its Producers | via Deadline. I'm liking Mr. Selfridge a lot. And mostly because, it's set in a department store. Department store = my happy place!

This review says The Following is "extremely well done" | via Variety. I am forming no expectations for this, to avoid disappointments.

Jessica Simpson, to star in her own sitcom | via Vulture. Don't laugh. She can be funny. Have you watched her realityTV from before? She was entertaining. Quite goofy, but clueless. Not saying this is a good thing, but it can be a good call for NBC.

So many TV actors were in the movie Zero Dark Thirty, including Tony Soprano and Coach Taylor. Here's a rundown | via Vulture. Love this feature!

"Why Vote for the Worst was just like American Idol" | via Reality Blurred. VFTW, the website, is shutting down.

No more ALPHAS. The show is done after 2 seasons. | via Zap2it. I gave up watching this show halfway through last season. It just wasn't working for me. You?

About this daily TV news tally, originally posted Jan 15th:
I've been constantly finding ways to put regular updates on this blog without giving away the fact that I've actually been lazy. (Can't you tell? :P) So, beginning today, I thought I should do the summary of daily TV news rundowns that you can also read on my Twitter and Facebook feeds (but going round the clock). I used to do this back when social media was still an inception and organic blogging was the only way to go. I'm gonna try and bring additional inputs to this summary, if only to keep me motivated with writing about TV. Let's see how long I can keep this up! *fingers crossed*