18 January 2013

Daily TV News: American Idol Ratings, Scandals, The Office & More!

Before anything else...I didn't realize that this site was experiencing a glitch (for about two days) until this morning. A gadget has been  messing up the way the blog should be viewed but I did a little tweaking and I hope that that's all fixed now. Thanks for bearing with me!

On with the news...

American Idol S12 premiere has experienced 19% drop in ratings compared to last year | via TV Guide. It still remains on top place for the night though.

Premiere of Body of Proof S3, which has undergone cast changes, will be pushed back 2 weeks | via Deadline. I didn't really like that they changed cast members, but let's see how that goes when it returns.

Matt Bomer launches his own clothing line, inspired by White Collar | via Just Jared. This is intended for charity.

"United States of Tara’s Toni Collette stars in CBS conspiracy drama Hostages" | via TV Guide. On ABC, this show was called MISSING.

Scandals is a rising hit for ABC | via NY Times. I'm gonna give it another try this week and see if it can change my mind. I didn't really enjoy the first season of Scandals.

Look who's appearing on Raising Hope. As a Tree! | via People Magazine.



Heather Locklear is joining TNT's 'Franklin & Bash' | via The Hollywood Reporter. The show will return this summer for its 3rd season.

TNT Orders Unscripted Drama From Jerry Bruckheimer | via The Hollywood Reporter. It also ordered an bounty hunter drama starring Geena Davis | via TwoCents.

The Office confirms who's returning for the series finale | via TV Guide. I would be ten times more excited if they will be able to get Michael and Holly back, too.

More details to The Vampire Diaries spinoff starring the Originals | via Entertainment Weekly. There's a certain rhyme and rhythm to how the people behind the scenes create their shows (The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle). It's so formulaic that frankly, I hope they don't adapt the same system with this planned spinoff.

Could Drop Dead Diva be saved? | via Cinema Blend. The show has been announced cancelled the other day. I don't think the story has anywhere else to go but it could use proper closure.

Follow me on Twitter for more real time TV news and updates.