27 July 2007

Fracking Fantastic - Battlestar Galactica

Earlier, I had all intentions to begin watching Battlestar Gallactica or at least try to follow it when it was airing locally on cable TV (Crime/Suspense Channel). But as I've been very distracted, living up to the phrase --- watching too much TV, I only caught some parts of it and completely forgot its schedule the following weeks.

Last night, while finding something else to watch, I had not realized we had this on our DVD shelf:
Battlestar Galactica (2003 Miniseries)
Battlestar Galactica (2003 Miniseries)

So for the next three hours or so, the husband and I were treated to what I call was a fireworks frenzy with soundtracks playing in the background.

I can't believe I ignored the DVD that was sitting on our shelf for so long.

Battlestar Galactica is a spectacular and beautiful series. As the hubby puts it --- it's set in a fictional dimension but the plot lines are very believable. And for a Star Wars fan (the hubby, not me) to say that it was actually better than watching Star Wars, that should account for something.

So now, we're on a quest ourselves --- to seriously watch and catch up on the 50+ episodes of this fantastic series.