14 January 2006

Jologs America

The first time I watched My Name Is Earl, I didn't like it. If this TV show was a person, I would imagine it would smell. Really bad. As in B.0. bad.

My Name Is Earl's set or premise is in a part of America we don't often see on TV. No, actually, it's set in a part of America that we do see on TV, let me correct that, --- TV shows like C.O.P.S.

Earl is show with no pretty houses and fancy clothes (but yes, there are pretty ladies... there is always a pretty lady!). And the characters really... smell.

So, forgive me for not liking this one right away.

But... I gave it time and went through it again. And after 5 or 6 episodes, I've warmed up. I still think it smells but it's funny, alright. Not bwahaha-ROFL-funny yet but I get the jokes and they make me laugh...many times.

The show already won one award in this, the season of awards (Jan-March 2006). People's Choice Awards just named it Best New Comedy for 2005.

Hmmm...must be karma.


Earl’s life has been full of poor choices and mistakes, but after winning a small lottery jackpot he has an epiphany and vows to change his ways. Upon discovering that he is the holder of a winning ticket, Earl is hit by a car and the ticket blows out of his limp hand as he lies unconscious in the street. While recovering in the hospital and watching television, Earl has a karmic epiphany, thanks to Carson Daly, who attributes his success to doing good for others. A light bulb goes off in Earl’s dim head and he sets out to right every wrong he has done starting with a grade school geek.


Here's a clip from my favorite Earl episode:




My Name Is Earl
Season 1 Episode 5 - Stole Beer From A Golfer
Original Air Date: Nov. 8, 2005
Network: NBC